Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Latest works..

I've been busy travelling and drawing/painting a lil too...My husband and I took of on a 7 day trip to Himachal pradesh. We managed to visit shimla,manali,dharamsala,dalhousie and on our way back spent some time in amritsar and a day in delhi. For those who dont know Himachal Pradesh is a state in India known for its scenic beauty, tibeten monastaries and a lot of mountains since it is situated on the western part of the himalayas..It was a fun trip and I sure would love to go back to dharamsala since it proved to be the best part of our trip..We did manage to get a glimpse of the dalai lama while we were in dharamsala as he was attending a ceremony in a school near the dal lake. We spent a few hours at amritsar visiting the golden temple which was an awesome experience and also sometime at the jallainwala bhag.
I'll post some pics as soon as I download them and until then lemme show you what I've drawn and painted in the last 1 month.













The pencil drawing is still a WIP.The koi fish painting was done as a perp painting for a larger painting in the beginning of june as a birthday gift for my mum..Unfortunately the painting is now at my mom's and also too large to scan.I forgot to take a picture of the painting which I intend to do the next time I'm visiting my mum. The tulip is done in oil pastel and is more of a sketch rather than a drawing.The paper is some sort of art paper, I liked the texture and was interested in experimenting with some oil pastels. I'm also working on the colored pencil licorice painting I started looooong back and then lost interest in which I intend to finish soon and post real soon too....until then take care...

3 comments:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Your trip sounds lovely. It must be a challenge to move half way around the world, twice! I think I would have culture shock by now. It is good to see that you are drawing and painting again. Your work is quite nice and I look forward to seeing more posts from you.

sreenivasa ram makineedi said...

I See good improvement in latest paintings. nice work.

Eileen Mariane aka Marmsk said...

Lovely still life and I love the tulip but the fish is my favourite. Nice to see your work. Sound like you had a truly lovely journey. I look forward to your photos! It is a journey that I would love to make as well. Best wishes, Eileen